Thursday, June 2, 2011

On "Change Is Slow"

"If you want to be somebody else,
If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself
If you want to be somebody else
Change your mind... "
By Sister Hazel

I love this song and I am working so dilligently on trying to change my mindset and let that lead my changed actions.  So let's recognize the good changes I have made:

* I bought ingredients at the grocery store last night instead of frozen meals or weird single lady food
* I went for a walk on tuesday after work - having packed my workout clothes in the morning!
* I agreed to a big change with my hair color and cut, so that I would be more polished looking when I head to work
* I made an appointment with a career advisor to see if I can get out of this JOB and into something I actually want to do
* I took out the trash even though I didn't want to

Aaaaand I'm actively ignoring the things that I have done wrong over the past week.  I don't have to do them wrong again, and my mind is not getting any healthier or happier if I dwell on negative thoughts.

More neutral or happy thoughts to come.  I'm changing my mind to be more positive and focusing on the things going well. 

Oh, also?  It may not be seen here due to the lack of time I spend editing, but I am awesome at grammar!

No comments:

Post a Comment