Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Scheduling Difficulties

So I've set up my 4 student loans to come due at different times of the month - especially important to balance out from my rent payment and car insurance payment.

Currently we've got

Loan #1 the 1st of the month
Loan #2 the 14th of the month
Loan #3 the 21st of the month
Loan #4 idk - only been paying this one for a month

Soooo essentially, making this many separate payments each month makes me internally feel as though I've got the loans for each month covered.  Until I call in to make a payment and find out the amount is 2x or 3x what I expected - meaning the due date has passed and they want multi payments now!

I'm crying inside thinking about all of it.  I've signed up for so many "paperless statements" that I don't know where the information about payments is kept.  Each website has separate requirements for passwords and usernames, and I'm absolutely sick of technology - especially since my money is only ever numbers on a screen.

At least, my new excel spreadsheet should help me track payments more easily.  But writing it into a spreadsheet is not going to help me get money in the bank to back these scheduled payments. 

I just want to get to a place where I can DECIDE where my money goes!  I am sending 600ish dollars to student loans each month to pay loans with 4-8% interest when I really WANT to send about 100 bucks to them and $500 extra to my 29% card.  Why wouldn't that work, student loan people? 

No comments:

Post a Comment